View Single Post
      04-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

[QUOTE=Dackelone;17747461]
Q). Should I wait for the T6s or get a 70D ?

Well, both is quite capable and honestly, it all depends on what your purpose of the camera is mainly used for. The T6s is newer but does not offer significant upgrades. Most usable features on the T6s you can find on the 70D. Also, the 70D does everything a tiny bit better (view finder, battery life, video & video AF, tiny bit larger sensor [although basically, they are the same and you quite possibly CANNOT tell the difference] etc.). The increased Megapixel of the T6s will not be too big of a difference either unless you do a lot of cropping afterwards. Personally, I will pick the 70D.

However, there is one big factor to consider - weight. If you are primarily going to be taking this everywhere and travelling, the 70D bulkier weight can take a toll. the T6s is a much lighter choice.

Side tracking a little bit, if you are going for something compact and offers awesome results, read up about the Sony A6000. Coupled with the Sony 18-105mm F/4 G OSS lens, it is a really attractive combo for not too expensive of a price point (although above your budget probably for what you're considering right now).

I have shot with Canon for many years, and I find myself picking up the Sony Mirrorless more often now. Also the plethora of new technologies on Sony cameras dwarfs what Canon and Nikon has to offer =/ Check it out!

I had been looking at these Tamron lens... 18-270mm vs 18-200mm... I can't really tell what is so different about them? I suppose its all optics/sharpness - bc the f-stop are the same.

Don't have experience with Tamron lenses.

The first question you might want to ask yourself is whether or not you need the reach. Most of the lens that offer super telephoto zoom will sacrifice sharpness and overall quality to achieve the desired reach. For the Canon, the new 55-250 STM lens seems to be particularly well received and gets very high quality images across the focal length while keeping price low'ish. Google and read about that!

For an even better lens, the Canon 70-200mm F/4L (non-IS) can be had for around $400-500 used easily if you REALLY needed the long distance focal reach. (keep in mind the 1.6x crop factor of the lens, you'll essentially have a 112-320mm lens).

For an all purpose lens as a beginner, I will suggest the Canon 24-105mm F/4L (kit lens for the full frame canon cameras). The focal len of this lens should cover most shots that you'll want. For wide landscape and ultrawide, sorry, this will not do. Again, a used one can be had for around $500 which is quite a bargain for a L lens.

Cheers! and let us know what you eventually decided!
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon