03-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #32
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
Me 2. My next car will be a 911. My next SUV could very well be a Macan (even though I know it is a tarted up Audi).

I will always have my E90 M3 in the garage though. Best car I've ever owned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I love Porsche too but they share platforms and engines with VW and Audi.
And what is wrong about a VAG platform? The Cayenne has better handling than an X5/X6, the Macan also probably better the X3/X4. More then that the next Porsches will be based on a RWD platform developed by Porsche for VAG. It means Audis will drive on Porsche platform, not the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverenoughboost View Post
Yeah because we've all seen how much they've offered with their record profits.
Oh that's right.... we got the i brand (ok it has its place but I still hate it) and the awesome active tourer. Couldn't have lived without the active tourer..... Oh and it even has an M Sport variant.
Hell yeah we will get more variety, Toyota level crap but variety it is..
God knows it'd be terrible to have a Z4 M
Without Toyota BMW would not have any Z4 successor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post
I read an article that said they could turn the FWD platform backwards to make a RWD car. Maybe that's how they'll make a 2 series.
Not really true. The FWD platform has its engine placed on or outside the wheel axle, that means to the extremities of the car. It is the RWD platform, that can be used for a mid-engine car, as the engine is closer to the centre. Same goes for Porsche's new MSB platform on which a 960 can be based.