12-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #533
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Here is an example as to why cops take down large suspects in a way that gives them total control over the suspect. Even a slight weight advantage, better grappling skills, etc... can turn the tables in an arrest.

Sad video. Knowing that if simply one of the people watching the struggle had stepped in to lend a hand, he'd still be alive. Ultimately, the firefighter is responsible for his actions and paid the price.

It boggles my mind how many people think the cop wasn't justified to shoot him. "He was just punching him!"

I don't know what it is that prevents people from taking attacks seriously. If someone broke into their house in the middle of the night and was "just punching them" in side the of the head and bouncing it off the ground, I have a pretty hard time believing they'd hold the same opinion. I don't know why people have such a hard time relating with what police have to deal with. :/

Unfortunately, that's a big factor in a lot of these incidents. People look at what the perp did and don't think it warrants any action let alone deadly force.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|