Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I don't understand the some of the negative comments. The 3 series is a beautiful platform for plugin hybrid and I would love one for a daily driver. VW has won awards with their Golf plug in. Some comments made it seem like 320/328/335 are going away with this. With Tesla sharing their technology to the world, BMW has been busy making this affordable i8.
I think the issue is this is an enthusiast website.

This technology announcement might be cool coming from Toyota or Honda - not BMW.

Frankly I'm not sure what's more unnerving, the fact BMW is going this way or the fact half the comments on an enthusiast website are in favor of this. At the rate BMW is going it will only be a matter of time before everything is a FWD plug in POS with no soul. The i3 is disgusting, especially at the price point, surprise surprise.
Understand. But BMW didn't get this far by not being innovative. Fans will bitch about anything new until they drive it. Look at the i8, people thought it would be a joke but they shut up when it smokes a Vette. Fans bitched about turbos in the new M3, even knowing it's clearly faster than the V8 M3.