View Single Post
      07-05-2023, 12:01 AM   #1385
Desking101
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: F90 M5

Reposting this, because I did this write up on the stickied thread and realized that was only for homemade food.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bit of a late lunch/early dinner. Spent the day (4th of July so it was busy) in Sausalito. Ate at Barrel House with amazing views of the city. Had the blackened snapper sandwich with fries, and a caprese salad on the side. She had the caprese salad also except with shrimp. We shared tuna tartare tacos as an appetizer. For drinks, I had a pepper paloma (mezcal, tequila, grapefruit, some other stuff). She had a virgin watermelon margarita.

The food was pretty good, but overpriced. Nothing where I left thinking "man, I need to go back and eat that again". You're mainly paying for the view, and that's worth it. Everything there is ala cart and they even charge 6 bucks for bread rolls, 8 bucks for fries. Adding prawns to the caprese salad was 18 bucks extra. For the two of us with the dishes I listed, it was $145. I would say the food is about 30% overpriced, and the view/location makes up for the rest.

If you guys are ever in Sausalito on a nice day, Barrel House is a must if you can sit outside. It's located along the shoreline south of the marina, where downtown kind of "starts", so you can walk around and see a lot of stuff right around it. But I would recommend choosing your dishes carefully if you aren't looking to spend an arm and a leg for a lunch. As far as things I didn't like in terms of the food, they like to put pepper on everything, even the caprese salad. They used heirloom tomatoes which is great, but these particular ones were a little bland compared to what I'm used to. And it paled in comparison to the caprese I've had at Trattoria 360 in Campbell but it's more expensive. In fact, Trattoria 360 is probably the best value higher end restaurant I've found in the bay area so far. I'll share what we have next time we go there.

JJ 911SC22420.00
vreihen1615278.50
PcarFan932.00