05-06-2020, 05:02 PM   #128
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
I’m on day 6 of 30 day 5k (minimum) everyday challenge. Anyone done it?
I have not, but I like the idea behind it. Like anything in life that sucks, consistency is key in making it easier and more enojyable. Confidently get through a month of daily 5k's and build your endurance to start running longer distances.

What's your ultimate goal? Weight loss? Increase Endurance? Maintenance?

If weight loss is your primary goal, I highly recomend running fasted. Contrary to popular belief, I have found that by running on low glycogen levels I am able to go loner distances with less effort. Without a high concentration of glycogen in your system from a lack of food, your body resorts to burning glycogen stored in your fat cells. This has been shown to be extremely effective in burning body fat. Much quicker than attempting to burn fat with a build up of circuiting glucose (sugars) from eating.

I have been intermittent fasting (IF) for years now and have recently convinced my uncle who is obese to try it out. The results have been astounding. He has lost about 50 pounds in a little over 2 months and still eats whatever the hell he wants when not fasting. Pretty amazing stuff.

I specifically recommended it to him because running or any sort of intense cardio would have been unsafe at his level. Could have injured himself.
iamwingman1203.50