View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #33
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep

Drives: AW E92 M3

This is a great thread, I will say for everyone out there find a race distance you like and sign up. Signing up for a race is a prime way to stick with running goals as you are shooting to accomplish something. I remember all the races I did last year as there was so many from 5k to half marathon. It wasnt until I signed up for a full marathon that I thought....ok its time to really train now. 13 miles is one thing but 26 miles is another ball game as a lot of science in the body changes after 90 minutes of running and if you dont know that you can fail miserably. So I thought, No more 40 miles a week and ramped it up to 70 miles a week with speed training, Hill training, tempo runs etc. Little did I know where I stood in the pack of performance when I qualified for Boston on my first try in a marathon....i was pumped....and that was only the beginning. I cant stress enough to anyone getting into running or training for a race to train smart...dont run EVERYDAY and play it smart. If anyone ever needs tips or advice and is on Garmin shoot me a PM and I can add you in. I provide training support and guidance based on seeing your workouts. And dont forget FOOD is the key to great performance. Cheers Everyone and Happy Running, Be Safe out there!
dc503131.00
cotmfk2039.00