View Single Post
      04-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
Rbrown
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

First holiday in M40i

For those that may be interested, just back from a family holiday to the Lake District in the M40i. Overall covered 400 miles and overall mileage at 1,100 miles. So nearly at the magic 1,200!!!!

Overall, I am delighted with the car. It’s the first time my wife drove it, and she thought it was a huge step up from her X3 20d. The smile on her face when in sport said it all!

In terms of practicality - the car was great. Carried 4 passengers, bags and all the kids technology easily. There is a lot more space in the cabin than my 330d had.

The car just ate up the miles - seats comfortable and supportive (with lumbar support) and the adaptive suspension gives a very pleasant ride. I have back problems from an old injury and it was the first time for a while I got out of the car pain free! It is a great motorway cruiser.

Some people complain about the road noise, but its not an issue for me - think the acoustic glass really helps and at only £150 is a no brainer option!

The engine never missed a beat. Still breaking the car in - so never over 3.5k revs. Was in eco pro (not much), comfort (mostly) and the odd bit of sport (purely to get up to the speed limit!!!). The car cruised on the motorway easily and there was always loads of power to keep up with the traffic.

The odd stretch in sport was fantastic - the thing becomes a weapon and you really have to watch the speed! Joining the motorway in sport was a pleasure!!!!!

Passing slow moving cars on the roads round the Lake District were a breeze. As my car is debadged, you could see people surprised where the turn of speed (along with the noise!) came from!

Overall got about 33mpg on the whole - which I don't think is at all bad for a car like this.

I will leave the final word to my 4 year old daughter. When leaving at 0600 to head down she said..."Daddy sssshhhhh, you have to be quiet as people are still sleeping...your car is very noisy and very fast......"

Let me know if anybody wants to know anything else. Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 6