View Single Post
      06-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Bought a dedicated car for DEs and Autox

Okay.. it started as an early hunt for a combo autocross car car for me, and a car that my daughter will need in a year, once she's driving. With that, I had four requirements:
1.) safe
2.) fun
3.) manual tranny (she's going to drive a stick whether she likes it or not)
4.) a BMW

Okay, I found a neat, light, powerful car in decent shape locally and lost it same day posted on a local craigslist ad. I was bummed out for a week, until I got emailed back saying the buyer couldn't get financing. I was there the next morning and bought it.

Here's the specs:

1997 318ti 5 speed, non-sport, with California roof (rare), with 63k miles, silver
  • S52 M3 motor and tranny transplant
  • M3 motor power pulley
  • CAI
  • Turner custom chip
  • Supersprint exhaust
  • M3 calipers upgrade
  • Cross drilled rotors
  • All stainless brake lines
  • Bilstein sport shocks/struts
  • H&R Sport springs
  • M3 sway bar up front
  • M3 front spoiler/side skirts
  • M3 black leather vader seats
  • Euro ellipsoid projector headlights with angel eyes
  • UUC Short Shifter with UUC Rob Knob
  • Style 71's with new tires
  • M Contours with Snows
.. I know I'm forgetting some things..

I've ordered a 3.25:1 LSD and Schroth harnesses for it, and I want to replace the Bilsteins with Koni adjustables. Also, I already rolled the fenders and have my 17x9 lightweight wheels and 255/40/17 track tires on all four corners.

I ran at the local Porsche autocross event on Saturday with it, and only a handful P cars were faster, out of 70. I CAN'T WAIT to get the diff in this thing.

I always thought I'd be a two bimmer family, but I figured my wife would have the wagon instead of her audi.
Appreciate 0