View Single Post
      08-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #133
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I don't have a weekend car per say, but as someone who likes cars I tend to have more cars than needed. Up until recently I had 4 and it's just me and my gf and we work from home so they don't get driven that much. I sold the mustang recently as I feel prices will be dropping some and I got a good offer on it.

You could say the mustang was the "weekend" car but I drove it whenever I wanted to so not really. If I had a place to keep it in the NC house I probably would have as I enjoy driving it up there. Here in FL it's pretty boring and too much traffic all the time. I love the model 3 as a commuter car. I think it's super easy to drive in traffic and also fun to floor it on the highway which is basically all I can really do in FL anyways.

We use the Cayenne as a second car here in FL and drive it back and forth to NC. I keep the F350 up there as I really have no use for it here in FL. I also have our RV up there which we need to the truck to tow it. So for now the setup works well for us and 3 cars seems like a good fit. I'm sure I will eventually get the itch for another "sporty" car and if/when prices come down I might bite on something. Right now I would be leaning towards a C8 or a Boxster or Cayman, but prices would have to come down significantly, what they are asking for used C8s is ridiculous IMO.