01-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #21
pbjjj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 X1, Dark Olive/Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo
But touching back on the original point, every car maker that has openly come out and gunned for the sales leader position has paid serious consequences. Whether it be cost-cutting that results in subpar product, complacency that allows competitors to catch and surpass you, or needless gambles on vehicles that end up being sales failures, so far nobody has been immune. BMW would be wise to keep this in mind.
Well well said.

I believe BMW in recent years is trying to keep their sales leader as a goal. They are reshaping their product strategy in many ways to create a new image in hopes to attract customers away from MB and Audi and other luxury brands. Some examples: BMW invests in "i" cars to show consumers that they are innovative to appeal to Lexus and Tesla customers. Starting F30 3 series BMW is making this core product softer to attract customers who normally would go for MB. The next G-platform 3 series will increase in size more. BMW is considering moving the next 2-series to Mini's front-wheel-drive platform. BMW is slowly modifying their maintenance plan and their Assistance plan to look more like MB's. I expect to see more changes from BMW in the next couple years as they continue with their quest to be "competitive" with other luxury auto makers. The company and their products will look very different within 5 years.

Maybe all these changes are starting to confuse the consumers more because consumers aren't really sure what BMW truly is anymore...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~