08-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #42
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
It's interesting how Alonso describes Eau Rouge/Raidillon; he says that the images on TV of the gradient going uphill doesn't do it justice.
And that was exactly the feeling I got when I first was at Spa-Francorchamps.
You almost see the cars shooting up in the air.

And especially when you drive the track; you go down from la Source, and in Eau Rouge you feel your car pressed down against the asphalt giving immense traction. Alonso talks about 4G; obviously I never experienced that

And then you go up in a slight curve, and you indeed se nothing but the sky (Alonso experiences this from a very low F1 car but in a normal car you still see nothing from how the track continues).
So you enter Kemmel straight (at high speed, in a normal car still easily 100mph+) completely blind.
I think this would also be an awesome part of the track to do on a motorcycle.
Well my friend , I agree completely !
Of course I've been there often, but only in summer time It's just 30-35 min. from my house. And I can tell you , everytime again , and again in the first 3-4 laps I lift it at Eau Rouge because it looks and feels scary !
In my ///M I really can feel the downforce coming in , but on top of Eau Rouge I feel less of downforce. And It's just right there on top where most losing it and crash !
In the wet ? It's like hell !

I'm not chicken behind my steering wheel ,but if you push it flat-out. 'Huge B@lls are required !

Take a look at Eau Rouge !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58879.50
DrFerry6722.50
MKSixer34171.50