01-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #10084
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I really like what Porsche has done with the rear ends of all their lineup. Particularly the Cayenne and 911. What's the interior color?
There's a pic on previous page of interior but it's black and tan and I think that's what sold me on the car. I LOVE the black and tan. I thought the original Cayennes were some of the ugliest vehicles every, but they have gotten better after each update and I think they look awesome now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Nice ride, my wife and I loved the Cayenne but she had a bit of sticker shock after building a custom order for herself and ending up in six figures

Is this in addition to the stable? Or replacing one of your cars?
Yeah mine is CPO a new one wasn't even in consideration. Plus they nickel and dime you for EVERY single option. Makes it a pita to compare used ones and you might see same trim, older car with more miles for way more than new lower mile car because of standalone options.

Actually it started with my friend telling me what he was offered for his model 3. So for fun I went online and got some quotes on mine. Was offered more than I paid for it in early 2020... so got my head turning. Let me say I LOVE my model 3, I was an EV hater and was converted, however now with the house in NC the 3 basically sits in the garage in FL since we have no power in garage in NC and closest charger is like 45min away. I like the idea of having a vehicle I can use in both locations summer and winter so I have been thinking about an SUV for a while since my F350 is waaaaaay to big to drive around all the time and it's sole purpose is towing our rv (which I'm trying to sell) and home depot runs.

Anyways long story short I started looking at SUVs. Wanted something fairly small as it's usually just us two but it's nice to be able to take family around when they visit and have the cargo space. Started looking at Macans because I like the look and it was small and sporty and AWD and I've never owned a Porsche so I like trying new things. Went to look at some Macans and saw this newer 2019 updated interior Cayenne and fell in love with it after test drive.

I found the base Macan just didn't have enough power. It was ok, but for a VW or something. The S was good and the GTS was awesome I really liked that one, but very few available and all pre 2019 update models, very little passenger space... plus honestly I don't need it THAT sporty, already have the Mustang to get my jollies. The base Cayenne was IMO the perfect balance. Enough power so it didn't feel underpowered like the base Macan, plenty of rear seat space and the new interior just felt much more refined, plus it was around the same price as the 2017 Macan GTSs I was looking at.

My biggest concern going back to Germany is reliability. I've read they are good cars, but who knows. The CPO is suppose to be very good and it's 2 years unlimited miles so I guess we'll find out in 2 years.

Last edited by dreamingat30fps; 01-16-2022 at 03:08 PM..
stein_325i25083.00
Kilabyte3948.00
Mosaud19983940.50