View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 03:20 AM   #7
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Right I think we need to see some early predictions.

Red Bull - they are going to continue to be very quick
Ferrari - I think there could be a chance they start the fastest like last year but let's see how the season goes.
Mercedes - Slow start, less bouncing but still issues, the side pods will change dramatically after the first race or two and will get an uptick in performance.
Aston Martin - They could definitely need to be the dark horse, the sculpted side pods look really interesting and there are a few other features that could move them forwards.
McLaren - It looks decidedly average a copy of RB elements and Lando isn't going to get the car he wants this year.
Alpine - some interesting elements on the car and they say they have solved the engine reliability issues so could they be looking at best of the rest?
Alfa Romeo - again some interesting elements and an overall good looking car but are they going to keep development low to focus on a 2026 push, too early to tell.
Williams - Well they can't get much worse, ex-Merc now running the team and will there be a closed parts purchase from Merc and some carry over knowledge it could help them get closer to the rest of the field but they have a LONG way to go.

Design trends - I suspect we will see lots of S-duct copies from Ferrari coming in the early season updates especially if the car looks quick. Nobody has really seen Red Bull yet so as soon as they do I'm sure there will be a few component copies of things they are trying appearing later in the season.

Will the bouncing all be gone, NO, it will come and go as they all try to get as much as they can out of the cars but it will certainly be less as they all get to manage it better as time goes on.
M3 boi3211.00