View Single Post
      11-11-2022, 01:52 PM   #88
JoeyH335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

This is a thread that has been resurrected from the past! 7 years!

Funny that I have started to work out again to get in shape for my 50th b-day.

I used to be heavy into working out and used to take supplements back in the day when they had no ingredients.

Late night infomercials selling all kinds of stuff.
Cybergenics - no ingredients and a schedule of when to take the pills. Yellow pills, blue pills, orange pills and white pills.

Hot Stuff from the late 80s and early 90s. Used to take it after workout and that sh!t lit my veins on fire. I would get swole and veins would pop out just 30 minutes after drinking the powder. It smelled like dead powdered rotting fish!
Come to find out that had some laced steroids like dbol. It got taken off the market and reformulated after it was found out. Wasn't as effective afterwards. Lol

Currently I found out after eating like I was a teenager for the past 15 years and not going to the doctor from the same amount of time that I have high cholesterol and pre diabetes.
Luckily I have good enough genetics that I did not weigh 400 pounds.
It is pretty easy for me to gain muscle - at least it was in my 20s and 30s. I still feel I can gain lean mass quick.

So I stopped drinking any kind of sodas or carbonated drinks. I stopped eating McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's and Burger King on a regular basis everyday.

I didn't eat healthy by no means to lose weight. I just stopped eating all the tasty unhealthy foods.
No more donuts, no pizza, no more tacos from taco trucks. Ya know, no more super delicious trashy food.
Drank more water and juices.
Changed my syrups, ketchups and sauces to either no sugar or low sugar.

I started this process on June 4, 2022. In the first 3 1/2 months I dropped 30 pounds from just a food change. No exercise. I wanted to see what a better food diet was going to do. I also didn't starve myself. I ate good. The next 2 months I started to have cheat meals like 2 McRib meals at once sitting. Did I mention I love trashy food.

Again, I dropped 30lbs in 3 1/2 months. I am 5 foot 10 inches.
I weighed 215 pounds when I started and weigh consistently 185 lbs now. I fluctuate 3 to 5 lbs when I cheat in the past 2 months.

I just started a workout program on September 28, 2022 and using a trainer for the first time in my life.
I used to lift weights & bodybuild but I wanted a trainer so that I can be retrained into correct techniques. I lifted heavy before just to have size but no symmetry.

Current list of crap I am taking to help me fill in the gaps of not complete nutritional meals.

Isopure Low Carb Protein Powder
PMD CG5 Creatine + Glutamine
Bucked Up Creatine Monohydrate

This is it so far for supplements.

On week three of a 2 a week gym/trainer program.
Tuesdays for alternating upper body.
Fridays for lower body only. Quads, hams, glutes and calves.
I am totally ripping my legs once a week and alternating upper body parts every other week since I can easily grow my upper body. Chest and arms one week. Back and shoulders the other week.
Core comes into play during every workout.
No cardio for now since I need to slow the loss of fat as I bulk up.
The lean muscle mass should start to reduce my fat content.

Remember that I am not just spouting some kind of health routine for anyone to follow.
This is what I know my body reacts over the years of working out then stopped.
I started playing football in 7th grade and have been training my body since I was 12 years old. I stopped when life happened 10 to 15 years ago.
Take it as you will if you have similar results.

Damn, this turned out to be a long post.
Sorry. Lol

I am just here to help!