View Single Post
      10-23-2020, 02:30 AM   #11
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
I agree with not tipping an auto transport driver but... tipping is an American thing bc we don't have certain social safety nets that are commonplace in European countries (e.g. healthcare, education).

Lots of people in various industries do rely on or greatly appreciate tips to make ends meet especially during COVID era.

Just saying that maybe a more nuanced view on tipping is needed instead of a blanket "fuck tipping" bc other countries don't do it.
If these people rely on tips to survive, they should do a good job so they earn the tips. Do you expect your boss to continue to pay you if you don't do a good job, simply because you have a health bill? You're confusing job income with charity income. People who need help with medical expenses go to charity, not expect employers to pay them more to cover them.

It would be completely psychotic for my wife to go to her employer and be like "I'm having a baby, so I need a raise" or "My husband caught the flu, so I need a raise to make up for his lost income until he gets better" or "A hurricane hit our home, I need a raise