View Single Post
      10-23-2020, 02:18 AM   #10
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

My rule is tip anyone who does a good job. It encourages/incentivizes them to continue doing a good job. And disincentives bad workers from doing a bad job, they will up their game to get a tip. So society as a whole benefits from it. And I'm genuinely appreciative when people do good work, because it's really rare to find people like that.

I also don't do the whole "It's customary to leave a tip" or these other things people like waitresses say to guilt me into giving a tip. Like trying to shame me because I don't leave a tip. If a waitress doesn't get a tip, it's because they are dismissive and rude to me, treating me like I'm an inconvenience to them. I don't really care if waitresses get paid less than minimum wage from their employers. Why do I have to make up for that? Waitresses aren't on my payroll. Which is a whole rant I'm not gonna get into. I just think it's more fair for employers to pay their workers, then them relying on customers to do it. It's probably why most restaurant workers I interact with suck, because they automatically get tips even when they don't deserve them.

Like why would I show appreciation to someone who I don't appreciate? That's incredibly dishonest. And every time I've given a tip to someone who didn't deserve it, I just feel icky the rest of the day.

But anyway, if your transport driver does a good job and you appreciate him, then give him a tip.
Mavallone164.50