View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 10:31 AM   #1030
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Shortly after we bought our house 15 years ago, I changed out the toilet with an American Standard Champion. You know, the toilet that claimed to be able to flush down 3 dozen golf balls in a 1.6 gallon woosh:

In 14 years, I can count on one hand how many times I had to take a plunger to "flush-a-saurus" for a clog.

Our well water finally ate the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl out last year. Rather than replace the stainless bolts for another 10+ years of lifetime, my DW thought that it would be a good idea to replace it with a one-piece toilet with no metal parts and pushbutton flush. Enter the poo Jacuzzi from hell.

TL;DR is that Jacuzzi should stay out of the toilet business! European styling (but not European plumbing) means that an American plunger doesn't seal against the drain. I have no idea what the trap diameter is, but the thing needs plunging at least 75% of the time and would seriously choke on a grape if I tried to flush one. I had to buy a wonky, snake-looking plunger to, as Ed Norton sang in "Song of the Sewer" keep things moving along.

Long story short, if I'm building from scratch, it will include the mother-of-all commercial toilets!

I have similar plans for the guest bathroom in our garage. I always said that if I was building a "trophy" garage that it would include an indoor handicapped porta-potty as the guest bathroom. Can you imagine the grossness of telling a visitor that they have to use a porta-potty and not a bathroom in the house? When they open the door expecting a plastic seat and smell, they find a real toilet, lights, and marble fixtures.....