View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 07:43 PM   #12
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
This might be a really, really dumb and oddly specific question.....

We're travelling to Toronto this weekend. It's an 8+ hour drive not including stops... we've made the drive many times but that was pre-children. Now with an 11 month old and a 5 year old, we're considering splitting up the drive and spending a night in the Detroit area.

When researching Airbnb/hotels, it seems Windsor has much nicer Airbnb options than the Detroit area.

So here's the question. We love the food in Dearborn, MI. Are we allowed to pick up food a restaurant in Dearborn, and transport it across the border and into Windsor? Would prefer to eat at the airbnb as opposed to at the restaurant.
When living in New Hampshire, we crossed the border at multiple points on many occasions over a 20-year period. There was never a single question of any kind regarding foods of any kind, and I'd guess your experience has been the same during your previous crossings. IIRC, dutiable items and firearms were the principal concerns. I think you should buy the food you want and plan on enjoying it in Windsor. Have a great trip!
wtwo317880.50