JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Lord View Post
Currently doing it.

I have an asset worth about $20-30k just sitting and doing nothing in my garage that gets driven once a month if I am lucky. (my E92 M3)

I could likely buy $20-30k in a dividend-paying stock and just be set for the future instead.

But race car I suppose........
We are in the same boat. Can't get myself to sell it. Mine was my first "big purchase" as an adult (post graduation). Made a poor financial decision there with a 7.2% loan to buy it lol, paid it off in less then 3yrs after realizing the bad decision.

Now I am coming up on 6yrs of ownership & barely touch the dang thing. At least I'm not paying interest on it at least.

Other than that I think my plan is solid. Max out 401k w/ employer match, contribute an additional 5% of my pay to ETFs. Still able to save about 40% of my pay. 50% of the wife's pay goes to savings as well. Really need to get off my a$s and dump the cash we have saved up into the market, but reluctant to for some reason. Maybe it's the thought of the market dropping, but these investments would be for the long term anyway. Reading all the comments of "what could've been" really should steer me in the right direction though lol.