View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
Conissah
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I daily my Charger Hellcat and have it up for sale. Would like to free up $ for non-car things even though I love the car. Doubt it will sell for a $ I am ok with letting it go at thanks to Dodge giving away new Hellcats. So just kicking around ideas at this point.

Anyway, I can't come up with any viable replacements that I would actually be happy with for more than a couple months. Really looking for AWD or RWD. Something FWD would have to wow me. If it's no fun to drive, I'm not interested.

It's just me so I don't NEED another sedan, but it'd be nice. Ideally, cut purchase price in half so in the $30k area (Can be used.) Has to not be a nightmare to drive in snow.

Obvious option would be WRX/STi, but outdated power plant, boy racer & I have read a lot of owners complain about the crap power band and rev hang. Do they still have junk stereos? I need a good stereo. Not really wanting to rip it all out. Just did that project with my MSM.

Civic Type R? It's as boy racer as it gets, but it's actually quite fun behind the wheel. Good mpg, decently quick, manual, plenty of room, and fwd is good in snow.

Q50 S / Redsport? Can be had in AWD or RWD. Can feel a bit numb, but the 3.0TT powerplant is awesome for bolt ons and the interior is pretty premium.

Audi A3 Sportback? Decent hybrid that's not super lame like a Prius. Probably lowest on the list.

This may be a bit big, but SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee? I had a 2015 GC and absolutely loved it, and I had the chance to drive an SRT and fell in love. Almost pulled the trigger on one before I got my M2C.

If you want to stay in the V8 American Sedan game, you can scoop a Chevy SS for around that price point. Drove one of those as well, and it's pretty fun. Good performer on the track too.

Golf R? Somewhat premium, awd, pretty good power plant, good mpg, roomy. Never owned one, but from what I have read and been told, the MK7 is miles ahead of the 6, so I would shoot for that.

Focus RS? Meh interior, cheap, decent power, good mpg, awd + manual and roomy. Engine is limited by open deck design though, so it will never be a crazy powerhouse.

I'm sure I can come up with some more... These were the ones that came off the top of my head.