04-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #52
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelshund View Post
Now that's crazy...
Wached video after video & read article after article. When the dust (and cat hair) settled, I went with a Neato Botvac Connected D4.
Creates a floorplan via laser which you can edit in an app by creating "no go" areas.
Uses systematic non-drunken-baby navigation.
Returns, recharges, and picks up where it left off.
Has largest dirt bin (2.5 cups).
Has highest volume suction (20cfm).
Came in at $423 (w/BB&B coupon).
Got it home, charged it, and set it up without issue. Picked up a couple pairs of shoes, tucked away a couple of lamp cords, shut 3 doors, and turned it loose.
It completed the dining room, den, foyer, and hallway before heading back to it's docking station.
I popped the bin out and was surprised to see it was packed full off cat hair. According to the app, it still had 56% charge left on the battery.
I'm going to run it again in an hour and see if it's any faster now that it has a floorplan.
Many thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
Glad you took the plunge and are happy. The Neato vacs have come a long way. I feel like the iRobot Roombas are getting outpaced at every step. Once the industry leader they are now antiquated. The editable "keep out" zones are brilliant. You'll appreciate that come Christmas time if you have a tree up. Our Roomba knocked out tree over one year when it blew right past the stupid electric "gates" we set up to tell it to stay away.

If/when the Roomba dies I'll look at Neato for sure.