View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 01:18 AM   #46
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
[...] In 15 years, I probably will have no interest left in new ICE cars. I think 6 cylinders will be about the biggest cylinder count you can get within a decade and I personally have no interest in a high strung 4 pot turbo engine.
I think that's where I'd disagree...or at least provide a thorough addendum. As electric (and autonomous self-driving, rideshared, etc) cars become the norm it will create a niche for enthusiast oriented ICE cars that are unbound by the regs for street legality. That will push ICE cars the same way horses went with the proliferation of cars - free to become specialized for showing, racing, and work. Instead of purchasing an M2 or M4 weighed down by safety features and creature comforts, we can get something more like an m240iR or M4 GT4. They could bring back classics like the e30 M3 Evo as a production car. They could sell you a turnkey Formula BMW car. Keep it in your garage, hail yourself an autonomous Tesla Cybertruck, hitch your trailered racecar to it, and sleep in luxury on your way to the track.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
mkoesel7508.50