09-08-2017, 05:36 AM   #35
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr View Post
I completely agree with you. I'm probably going to buy i3S for my wife as a DD. She doesn't need anything else for her daily commute (60 km). And I'll probably also like to drive it now and then.

I have had an i8 for 2.5 years as my DD. 42000 km now. No problems so far, and it's really capable winter vehicle also. Just wish it had more EV range. I like it but don't love it, I could say it's impressive.

But I love my M5 and manual Aston Vantage V8. They have real character, and most of all Aston has real sound and it's beautiful! i8 is faster than Aston (not M5), but so what. I'll really miss petrol cars and MT if they are banned. Should drive them now as much as possible. I'm afraid that our boys won't experience these kind of cars in the future. Or at least only on trackdays.

Did you go to Mantorp this spring? I met a finnish i8 owner there. He said he was going to sell his i8 to his father or something. You?

Anyway, EVs are not replacing the Astons of this world. It's replacing the 520d and the 118d. Well, and some other cars.

Besides, I've gone i3 + Tesla now and actually sold my M2. It just didn't make sense since I don't have time for track days.