View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 12:45 PM   #15
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blau View Post
Yeah I've moved on from the bugeye. I'm not looking for a new project and that's about all that car is good for.

I'd rather keep the 1er and get a daily. The 1er has been getting upgrades for track duty and I like the platform. We've got an X3 for family duty. This other car that I'm trying to buy will just be a shuttle to work and something more comfortable to pick the kids up from daycare.

The only issue is my vanity otherwise I'd be in a Honda Fit or something. I have to actually like the car to want to park it in my driveway. Douchy? Sure. Do I care? Nah.

Peace
If you have concerns about vanity and your budget is $8K, there isn't much out there that you won't have to pile thousands into to make right and reliable. I'd say a well used Acura TSX with some good looking aftermarket wheels and a mild drop. My buddy has a 2006 TSX setup this way as his daily and it's been bulletproof for the 10 years he's owned it. I think it was 175K miles on it now.