View Single Post
      10-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Post M235i P3 Vent Gauge (VIDI)

Hey all, I just want to share my experience with the P3 VIDI Gauge.

There are times when I would just like to see vital info, like oil and coolant temps, boost and ait on the fly. As you all know, we get none of that from BMW. I want to be able to see this information without having to install any unsightly boxes, have to perform modifications to my dash or invest a lot more money then I think it's worth.

In comes the P3 VIDI gauge to fill that gap. It fits right into the OEM driver side vent and still allows you to direct airflow up or down, left or right. It was important to me to maintain some airflow from the vent as opposed to sacrificing one entire vent (as competitors products might do) as this is my daily driver. I was also interested only in numerical values, so the small display of the P3 was sufficient.

It is a very easy installation. Simply undo plastic trim on the left of the dashboard, pop off the OEM vent, pop in the P3 gauge in it's place and tuck in the control box and all cables in behind it. Then just route the main connector down to the OBD2 port and plug in. Some initial config and you're good to go! P3 has solid videos showing all of this, exclusively on the M235i.

Very happy thus far. It looks and feels OEM and more importantly it gives me those important metrics on the fly that I was looking for. Apart from reading the standard OBD2 port info (air intake temp, battery voltage, egt, oil temp, coolant temp, etc.) it will also read/clear codes, has a shift light function and even has a built-in 0-60 timer mode.

Here are some pics and a few videos to give you a feel for the gauge.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i

Last edited by alz0rz; 10-15-2014 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0