2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah View Post
It's a nice little car that is woefully overpriced for what you get. Had the opportunity to test drive one in San Antonio early in January, the car salesmen practically kissed my shoes when I told them I was looking at one of them. They had 3 on the lot, including one of the launch editions that was marked at just under 60k. The one I test drove was navy blue and msrped at 56k but "they were willing to work with me" because they needed to move inventory for the new upcoming model. I drove it & wasn't particularly impressed . The cabin felt small and cramped. The pillars made it hard to see from the corners and I'm only 5'7 and felt that anyone over 6'2 was going to have a hard time not bumping their heads on the roof. The car was agile but lacked the oomph that I get in my n54 e92. In non sport it feels like you're driving a Camry. Nothing special. Anyways I didn't push the car too hard because the salesman who got in the car with me happened to be a woman lol but she could tell I wasn't impressed. They tried to convince me that adding a flash and a pedal tuner would transform the car but I want something that's fun to drive right out the box. For a 2 door car with 2 seats, the Supra would only be an attractive option if it was priced at around 43-45k, and at its current price point just doesn't offer enough to justify that tag.
Have you seen what stickers at $43-45k?