06-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #38
Nikki!!
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2106 BMW 435i XDrive MSport

BMW Advanced Car Eye 2 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majest View Post
Here is a photo from the driver's seat. If necessary, I can take a photo outside the car
Hi,

I am having a terrible time getting my new BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0 to connect to my iPhone X so I can get the system started. I can’t get it to connect to the device WIFI.
I am using an iPhone X running the current version of the iOS and was briefly able to use the ACE 2.0 application to update the firmware of the camera.
However, since then I have not had any operational success.

Here are some questions:
1. Do you connect to Car Eye WIFI via the WIFI settings BEFORE opening the app? If so, what are the proper security settings? (WEP, WPA, etc) I tried all of them, but that didn't work.
2. When in the process do I press the power button for turning on the unit to try and connect the app? I only got the green WIFI connection app once. The red light comes on for about a minute and then it turns off.
3. When the dashcam is recording, are any of the lights on the front dashcam illuminated? When I start my car the unit does not turn on. This makes me wonder if the dealer, BMW of Tenafly, installed it correctly.

I am the first one to ever have it installed at my local dealer, so they have been unable to help. BMW genius wasn't helpful either.

Note: The manual for this unit is especially challenging. It does not have a troubleshooting section.

Thanks.