04-07-2023, 08:47 AM   #15
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM0TION View Post
In the theory that you should be covering the plate, you are hard pressed to find anywhere that’s $100. (I understand this could be region specific) I think about it like going to a nice dinner, you can barely go for dinner with drinks, apps, etc for $100 a person. The last wedding I went to was a good friend of ours and we gave $500 for my wife and I. Pretty much everyone did the same, some more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
the going price for what I have heard lately is 150 per guest, so if you bring a plus one and are close you should give 300. With that being said every market area will vary but that is the norm in the north east right now, safe bet to not look cheap is too ask others what they are giving if you are unsure. Rule of thumb used to always be your gift should at least cover the cost of your plate and with everything else prices are out of hand, the way I look at it is $300 for a night of fun free drinks and food with my family and friends is completely ok.
When I go to dinner I get to choose where I go and what I eat and drink and I am not stuck there for 4 hours. A wedding (especially and over the top event) would never be my choice vs. dinner in a nice restaurant, but I’d go if invited out of respect for the bride and groom and their parents.

The bride and groom or their families cover the cost of the wedding. The gift is a gift, not a payment for dinner, especially if the bride and groom keep the gift but their family pays for the wedding. Something got fucked up along the way if that’s not the way people think of it anymore.
Buug95917675.00
2000cs3511.50
rebekahb3140.50
osteome194.50
antgenn319.00
jmack550.00