Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr2M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
All systems have positive and negative attributes. I'm curious why you find C4 so superior. Would you elaborate?
Configurable keypads with engraved buttons that are backlit

Zigbee Pro for meshing and continued adding of system components

Their touchscreens are sweet

Built in music services are over a dozen... not 2

Excellent audio video control

App is sweet. OS3 is a killer interface

Strong 3rd party component integration, HDMI matrixes, tv's, avrs, blinds, irrigation, cameras etc

Wireless motion sensors that are the size of a thumb which can be placed in the perfect location for sensing motion

As an example, my programmer installed a wireless motion sensor at my front door. Now if someone approaches, I get an alert, my tv switches to the entrance cam view and a snapshot gets emailed to me, excellent for letting me know when the Amazon package has arrived or if I want to answer the knock on the door from a salesman

Again I'm not knocking Loxone, I'm sure it's great for what it is and what it costs.... it's got its place but let's be real, it's not on the same level as Control4 or Crestron. Without really good a/v control, it can't be.
What you're describing is a great control system. While I probably prefer Savant over C4, but they're both excellent systems that have different design goals than Loxone. Saying Loxone "is not on the same level" as those systems is akin to saying an M3 isn't on the same level as a Jeep Rubicon because the M3 can't go off road or cross a stream. Loxone isn't trying to aggregate third party devices into a single interface. Loxone is focused on bringing intelligence or "smarts" to the critical systems of the home. In this regard you might say C4 and Savant aren't "on the same level" as Loxone.

I should have foreseen people running competing systems in their home would trash everything else as being sub-par.