03-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #40
GotEM4
General
Rep

Drives: EM4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
If by "poor" you mean folks such as Chinese nationals who don't have good jobs, I'd agree. I'd even agree if you mean Chinese nationals who have good jobs that don't pay as well as the jobs expats in China hold, again, I'd agree. Outside of that, I can't tell you what "people" usually do, poor or not-poor. It makes sense to me that poor folks would buy fakes seeing as the fakes aren't expensive in comparison to many alternatives, and certainly in comparison to the authentic alternative. But plenty of non-poor folks buy fakes too.

Every consultant I have staffed in the PRC (~100 Westerners) has bought at least one fake. Now they may be poor, but they only reason is because they spend every penny they earn. I know it's not because they aren't well paid. To the contrary, they are exceptionally well paid and they are living expense free in the PRC. Indeed, their daily per diem, which is expected just to cover dinner, amounts to about $20K/year and I know damn well they aren't actually spending that much to eat dinner because it's hard to do.

All the best.
when I mentioned people, it's a general term pertaining to ANY. Did not particularly insinuate Chinese people nor did I mentioned it. I understand that non-poor folks buy fakes too, which is why I termed it "usually", so I didn't use the word "Only". Yes, I am not down playing not buying fakes, but I was making a statement, given we are in a BMW M4 forum which a lot of people who will buy them have some sort of high-class taste. Just think, would you like to be seen driving a bugatti sporting a fake watch? just saying...

For some peeps who literally thought I was for real that there is a fake M3, I was basically trying to prove a point that why would you want anything fake when you can get the real thing! I can spot a fake whether it's boobs, purse, shoes or watch a mile away! (figuratively speaking of course).

So, for those who do buy fake stuff...good for you....just don't flaunt it like it's real cause you are just basically pretending...