10-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #1316
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ahhh, abuelita. My wife's gramma was a Hispanic sobadora. I had one of those catches under the scapula, and wife took me to see her. Abuelita has me lay down on the floor, and she probably was older than she weighed. Wife tells me that all the words she was saying were prayers, just not sure to whom. She beat the shit out of the knot and it was gone.

Unfortunately, 98 was all the years she got and she left us a couple years ago. SUPPOSEDLY she did her magic on Pancho Villa at one point, but that may have been something similar to Mrs. Warren's "family story"
That's wild. I have witnessed some strange things that you don't hear about anymore. Most vivid memory is seeing my dad's shirt catch on fire outside where he was burning some brush. It quickly spread and I couldn't help as I was only 6-7yo....but by the time the neighbor got down and put it out he had sever burns from his left shoulder all the way down his arm. He had some hair burnt as well as part of his left ear.

It was a mess, skin hanging off.....I was just in compete shock. The neighbor took him away....I assumed the hospital. But he came back about 3 hours later, and looked like he barely had a sunburn.

I heard him telling my mom that the neighbor took him to an old woman that lived a few miles up the road who treated him with some ointment...and heard him mention the phrase "She Talked the Fire out".

I had never heard that before....and I have never heard it since. But if I didn't see everything with my own eyes....I would be the biggest skeptic!