Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
I do agree with Buick, total s....

Lexus IS different and Genesis came a long way with the new G80 and GV80
Yea they did. Lexus and Genesis.

But they are not in league with Audi, BMW and Mercedes. They want to be and "feel" like it. But they are not
I don't know if these days the Japanese brands gunning to "feel" exactly like the Germans. I think their standard line is more focused on comfort vs. performance handling, as designed. Now, 10 years ago, I would say you would be right in the ball.

Overall, I think the Japanese brands now our owning their differentiated factor.

*disclaimer - only referring to the standard lineup and not the N or RC lines.
Well, Lexus is the only Asian luxury brand part of the "Tier 1" group, along with MB, BMW and Audi.
Ah yes, you're correct. I was thinking of Genesis, but obviously N is not part of Genesis 🤦*♂️.

I do believe Genesis has the potential to reach the top tier brands at much faster pace compared to how Lexus achieved during its climb to the top.

I was a cynic, but the new generation of the G80, G90 and GV series really impressed me.
Definitely impressive cars, Hyundai needs to focus on improving the image since many customers buy for the badge as well as establishing a premium dealership network, this really helped Lexus back in the day and could do the same for Genesis as no one wants to purchase a luxury car from a Hyundai dealer.
JCZ51483.50