06-29-2020, 02:09 AM   #48
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommeeeezy View Post
Mainly getting a new daily / split of suv and sports car since we just recently adopted a dog in the last few months and it's been challenging to try to baby the M3 with him (long trips, getting him inside a crate in the backseat, him being a little tense and pawing at some of the leather trim, etc).

Figured it could be best to just have an SUV where I can have a nearly permanent dog crate in there at all times. And still carry 4-5 people comfortably.

The M3 is also a little harsh on the ride. I'm actually fine with it, as I've driven on some type of performance / sport suspension my whole life, but my wife isn't a fan at all.
If you don’t mind the ride, X3M isn’t as bad in the back as the F80 per my wife who thinks my car is the limit of what she’ll tolerate in the back seat. Just did a road trip and it held enough luggage for a family of 4, plus extra gear with no problem. Passing power is insane. You could easily do a dog fence or crate in the back with the luggage cover retracted and there’s several trunk liner options to protect the floor. 4 adults is easily comfortable and it’s not bad for 1 adult in the back plus 2 kids for short hauls.