09-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #74
bhowelett
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 MR E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E93  [10.00]
I've always owned a truck, until this year. Since I needed to replace my Chevy Avalanche with something newer and lower miles (mine was an '02 model), I decided I didnt' want to go spend $45k minimum to get a newer used truck (truck prices are outrageous); that I know I would get upset by hauling stuff in the back and potentially scratching the paint, etc.

Instead I decided to sell the truck and buy an e93M. Best decision I've made. I don't regret at all with selling the truck. I thought I would miss it a lot. Now, when I need to tow or haul something, I just hookup my utility trailer to my wife's SRX and am good to go.

I'm having way more fun with my vert than I ever did in a truck. This whole time, I always felt I needed a truck in my lineup. I don't know if I'll ever go back to buy a truck. If I needed it for a job, then yeah, it would make sense. But with only actually needing a truck a few times per year, I just don't see the need any longer.

On another note: in my area, everyone has either a lifted truck or a lifted Wrangler (and so many actually do off-road them). Having the e93 is definitely uncommon; and that's another reason I like it. I don't want a lifted truck or Jeep like everyone else.
Vivek.1366.00
Mavus2029.50