View Single Post
      08-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #12
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Boost View Post
And no IMS and lack of documented bore scoring death sentences. I found out the hard way. Bought a perfectly spect .1 only to find out a few months later that the engine was on borrowed time. By that point, I was too heavily invested to do anything but plan for a new powerplant. I went all in and decided on the universally known best engine builder in North America for this particular model. I waited in line for over a year and spent "if you need to ask, it's too much" level of money. Why? Because I happen to love the car. Get your invasive PPI done and if it comes back clean, jump on it. The 9A1 is robust. Simply change the oil every 5k/6 months or after every track session.
I didn’t pay for a compression-leak down test, should I have?

I totally get what you said about being too invested, that was why I listed my 128i before I hack up the interior to put a SCCA-spec cage and seats in. If I did that, I don’t need a Porsche since it is plenty quick at the track and less likely to bomb. It has not skipped a beat since starting to track it four years ago. But like I said in the FS thread, the Porsche itch is very hard to ignore and I think the deal is fair for the car I’ve found.