View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #69
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Alfisti Have you considered taking the $xx that you are considering spending on a Porsche, and instead selling your daily driver for $yy, and buy a nicer car for daily driving, for a total price of $xx + $yy?

If you are leasing your daily now, see if you can negotiate an early termination in exchange for a nicer car at the same dealer group.

This gives you a potentially more enjoyable automotive experience on a daily basis, without the worry, expense and storage space requirement of an extra/low usage vehicle.

Your profile lists an X3. Potential upgrade vehicles could be:

X3 M40i
X3M
X5 M50i
Any of the M-B or Porsche SUVs, or Jag or LR for that matter.
the 1 really cool plus one more ordinary car versus one do it all type higher end vehicle is a common debate (in fact I think I started a thread on it a while back), but in the end alfisiti has decided he wants a convertible special drive car in addition to a daily...I think it's the better route

even if the daily is a pretty good drive, driving it everyday will make it normalize pretty fast...much better to have that really special car that you only drive occassionally and can really take care of

I think that feeds the passion much better...
stein_325i25075.00