View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #39
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dunno I find the whole thing rather hideous.

The Teslas are definitely boring, but at least they don't make my eyes bleed. I do like the interior on this thing more than Tesla though.

I hope Tesla gets competition and one of these electric car companies actually puts out a viable product, however if I had $100k burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted an electric car... I would just get a Tesla and not have to wait for some car that may or may not ever arrive.

I mean even the posted specs don't seem that impressive. Top model is $170k 500 mile range 2.5 sec 0-60. Sounds exactly like the new Model S Plaid that they are advertising for $140k end of next year. Also although it's not a big factor if you only travel locally and charge at home... the charging network is a huge deal for many people. There are Tesla superchargers all over now which basically extends the range of the Teslas even further.

Like I said I hope one of these companies can give Tesla a run for its money... but I just think it's going to be a lot harder than people think.
Sadly agree with this. The car isn't a looker. especially from the way the trunk is cut. I could make do with the "Star Trek-Levar Burton" Grill but damn the back is awful.

I think the way to beat Tesla will be for a start up to partner with an existing large scale manufacturer in order to achieve scale faster, similar to what Rivian has done with Ford (to limited success).

My family will be in the market for an SUV in a year or so, so hopefully the Rivian SUV is not just a pipe dream.