10-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #38
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Why is nobody talking about the cut on the trunk body line? It's horrendous.
I dunno I find the whole thing rather hideous.

The Teslas are definitely boring, but at least they don't make my eyes bleed. I do like the interior on this thing more than Tesla though.

I hope Tesla gets competition and one of these electric car companies actually puts out a viable product, however if I had $100k burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted an electric car... I would just get a Tesla and not have to wait for some car that may or may not ever arrive.

I mean even the posted specs don't seem that impressive. Top model is $170k 500 mile range 2.5 sec 0-60. Sounds exactly like the new Model S Plaid that they are advertising for $140k end of next year. Also although it's not a big factor if you only travel locally and charge at home... the charging network is a huge deal for many people. There are Tesla superchargers all over now which basically extends the range of the Teslas even further.

Like I said I hope one of these companies can give Tesla a run for its money... but I just think it's going to be a lot harder than people think.
jmack548.50