3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMM View Post
Sweet! And yeah I'm worried that mine will not last long term. But my shop vac is almost 15 years old so I'll probably upgrade both the next time one goes down. I try not to have anything on the ground in my garage and if it is on the ground, it has wheels so I can roll it around. But I mop my garage floor so I'm nuts...lol And I have piped my compressed air system so I have quick disconnects at each tire along the wall and one in between the garage doors for the tires not next to a wall.

I would love to valve in a header so I had the ability to have two wands at the ready. But since I hand wash after I have plenty of time to swap nozzles. I leave my car foamed up while I rinse my foam cannon out and then I completely spray it down with a pressured nozzle. After that is when I go to town with the garden hose and double bucket method using a microfiber mitt. I also wash the inside of the wheels during tire rotations to get to the spots I can't easily clean with the wheel brushes I use.

My wife says they are just cars and rolls her eyes at my efforts. But thankfully she realizes that I put that much effort into caring for her as well. Her coworkers are always amazed that her 8 year old car is so perfect when they take it to lunch. I'm lucky she realizes it even tho she pokes at me for it...lol
lol! Is it weird that I can't wait for the day where I can mop my epoxy (future) floors?Our wash methods are pretty much the same. I do the wheels first and then wash the car though. I probably switch back and fourth and foam a little too much, but my vehicles are swirl free so I guess its working!

my wife says the same thing, she thinks its insane that I spent what I did on the pressure washer! (good thing i did it before I had met her lol) Of course my wife could care less if the outside of a car is clean...after all a car is just a vehicle to get you to where your going She has a horse and lives at the barn so its pretty much pointless to keep her car clean. It kills me but ive learned to live with it!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018