View Single Post
      08-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #50
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Uber

Good call on the f4 IS and 50mm f1.4. I am very sure you will love this combo while not breaking your wallet as much!!

+1 on the IS part. You really do need the IS for any glass that weights 1.5 lb or more, let around one that weighs 3+ lbs (f2.8)

I can afford the f2.8 IS 70-200 (and it was on sale from a reputable ebay seller, after cashback and free shipping, I could have jumped on a 70-200 f2.8 IS for only $1350 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt get it just because, I KNOW I WILL NOT be bring that lens all the time with me due to weight.. I mean, I would love to have it with me when I go to some baseball games or tennis (i.e. US Open coming up).. but I'd probably leave it at home, simply because it is just too heavy to carry around all the time.

Like I said, when you use a tele glass, you probably be using it outdoors, and if it is outdoors, f4 usually is sufficient and not to mention, f4 IS is one of the sharpest zoom glass Canon offer if not the sharpest IMO.

As for prime glass, 35mm f1.4 is just pure god.. I was testing it out at B&H just a couple weeks ago... and even at f1.4 with only 400 ISO, man, the image is crisp and the focus is fast and accurate without too much noise.

I will have this 35 f1.4 in my collection some day!!

2008 E92 335i (sold)