View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 06:13 PM   #10
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatThatLunchBaby View Post
Thank you so much for the big write up!! Everyone posting is really helping so I appreciate all the input, but this right here is my current issue (as I’m only playing GT7). I can’t tell at all when I’m even near the limit then BAM it’s just snap oversteer and I’ve blown the race. I love my M3 because I can play with it at the limit and it feels pretty progressive.

I’m going to try and upgrade my rig and then play on PC. I’m leaning towards iRacing but based off your comment it sounds like I should test out other titles as well. I already have a decent PC (RTX 3080 & i7) and a 4k 120Hz monitor (LG C2 OLED) so that should be plenty for filling in between track days.

Does anyone have suggestions for frames to start with? I current just have the next level racing GT Lite (basically a lawn chair with a wheel & pedals) so that will definitely need an upgrade first
get the next level racing traction loss platform and their 6 axis seat if you have cash to spare. that will give you the most realistic feel, you'd spend a few hours tuning it but once tuned, you will know exactly what the back end of the car is doing. front end of the car you rely on steering wheel lightening, sound of tire screeching.

iracing is the best one out there if you are interested in racing and have 10 bucks a month to spare. you can also buy a trial sub for very cheap if they have a deal (i think they always have a deal).

if you are a GT3 fan then ACC but ACC is very different from iracing. some racers say it's unrealistic.

they don't cost very much compared to your rig so maybe just get them all and then find out what you like.

i've heard good things about automobilista but i've had enough by then.

hint - look for deals on humblebundle ...