View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 09:14 AM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I have to question how someone gets away with not overstraining the cable, especially with how large the GPU is and trying to fit everything in a case. My cable came to me with 3-4 180 degree bends to fit it in the packaging, and its so long that theres no way to route it without having to keep it bent so it fits in the case.
There are options if that's the concern. I don't remember the company Steve was talking about in his various videos on this but this company is going to produce these cables with a right angle connector which will pretty much eliminate the straining issue. The other option is just getting a bigger case to put your components in. While I have the previous gen RTX 3090 Ti, it does use the same connector as the 40 series. The case I have is a bit larger than the "standard" case size. While there is a bend that occurs when I put the side panel on, it's not too extreme.

It's too bad EVGA got out of the GPU business. The pre production samples Steve and Jay got showed that EVGA made the proactive decision to move the 12V connector to the rear of the card opposite the external video ports. I don't recall any of the other GPU manufacturers doing this.