View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #26
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
You take the enjoyment out of owning a sports car if you go at it from an investment point of view. Most people get their enjoyment of owning a sports car by driving them, but if you drive them, their values will plummet. Because it's an investment, you will worry about someone banging into it everytime you take it out - one hit and the value will go to sh!t. Just get a "reasonably" priced sports car of your desire and enjoy it - stop worrying about it's resale value. If you want to invest, find something else to invest in. A car is a terrible investment.

I buy every car knowing that it would be worthless by the time I'm done with it. But then again, I have only owned 4 cars in my entire life and 3 of them are still in the garage (actually 2 are in the garage and one in the driveway).

If you go through cars like underwear, consider renting your dream cars when there's the itch to drive something exotic...much cheaper in the long run and you get to actually enjoy the car worry-free!
Agreed. Which is why pretty much all my M's are used with some mileage when I bought them. Still have yet to sell one, although I've sold 2 of my non M's before.

I know I won't lose too much money on them value wise, which is a great feeling.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT