Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Sedan_Clan Salty Dog, your thoughts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wsvn.co...uth-beach/amp/

Would you have shot on him as well or continued tasing? IMHO, he deserved a bullet, or 20?
I am always reluctant to judge the actions of people without having been right there with them as the video does reveal a lot it doesn't show what the actual moment was that led to the shooting. I will say that a mentally ill person armed with a knife often ends badly, (this guy appears to be EDP) and carrying a meat cleaver. The armchair quarterbacks will likely say that he was just standing their and posed no threat, and I don't know that the officers couldve talked him into surrender, they employed the CEW, so were attempting to apprehend with minimal use of force and it appears that when they went in to cuff he was still active. It's difficult to see exactly what happens on the ground but clearly the one officer is down and the other officers are trying to extricate him and also using their firearms to stop the threat. One of the basic principals in use of force when dealing with edged weapons is to be mindful of second and third weapons, People who carry knives often carry more than one, and when you get in close that's when edged weapons are the most dangerous.

If this has happened in Canada all the special interest groups would be calling for the officers to be charged for using excessive force. Police shooting inquests were a major part of my job during the last few years of my career. I suspect the officers will be cleared of wrong doing, but may see some criticism. As for would I have shot, quite possibly. If I felt my life or the lives of another officer or civilian were at risk. The officers will have to justify their actions. It's so easy to judge from a few seconds of video and the comfort of your living room barcalounger.
F30lolz6798.50
Sedan_Clan25106.00