04-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #21
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
I don't count tires as mods tbh. BMW makes bulk purchase deals with tire companies and they aren't designed for the car, usually anyway, some exceptions are out there.

BMW has launched some cars on crap tires and what's real annoying is the press will be testing the cars on that crap rubber and making all the testing underperform. Imagine thé e9x and e60 on proper modern rubber i stead of those awful run flats.

It would be best if P4S or whatever is 'flagship' at the time was considered standard for all reviews rather than using OEM stuff.

BMW tends to prefer saving money on rubber over putting the best in the car. Though, for most i realize it's irrelevant. You don't need P4Ss to commute and it's honestly a waste to do that.

Lastly I think anything non-BMW is a waste. I could grant a pass for AC schnitzer or dinan on a 335i because it's budget friendly compared to an M3 as you can build over time.

But it annoys me for the sake of lap times or performance because you can compare your driving ability if we all drove stock but mods are cheating in a sense and you'll not actually get better at driving just faster due to equipment.

I can never tell on Harry's if I'm really bad at driving or if the guy is flashed to 25% more power and R compound.
Good take.

And I agree I'd roll with some DINAN upgrades too as they are super close to BMW to the point that your warranty won't even get voided (I think this is still true).