06-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #9
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post

For OP: it's been a while since we visited, so I don't have any great neighborhood suggestions. But my wife and I loved Charleston overall. I would definitely live there if the opportunity to do presented itself.

Being a FL resident, one thing I'd suggest to keep in mind is storm preparations. If it were me, as charming as some of those historic homes can be, I'd opt for something newer from a practical perspective. I'm not sure what standard building materials are used there, but CBS > wood frame for storms. Maybe that's not common there - no idea. I'd also plan to get impact glass installed before moving in if possible (install makes a mess) and make sure the roof has a good inspection before closing.
I'll definitely make sure I consider/look into the foundation/solidarity of the home prior to making a purchase. I appreciate the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Hey...I'm all about learning something new. My best workouts have been with people I haven't worked out with before. Maybe it's a "testosterone" thing, but it's like neither of you want to be shown up or outdid by the other one.

Only thing is you both pay for it the day after!
Haha I hear ya man, I know you'll have me on all of the weight aspects, my strength isn't what it was in my prime especially since I'm down a solid bit of weight. Once I stop getting injured and summer passes I'll start pushing the envelope again! I'd just be interested in new movements since you have a boat load of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Hey OP....get with or send ‘Ibiza’ ( Joe) a PM. He lives down in that area and can definitely shed some light on the situation. My wife and I visit that area quite frequently, and we definitely love the vibe of downtown Charleston. Great atmosphere with outstanding restaurants. From my perspective, I think your Fiancé is correct when speaking of North Charleston. But again, I could definitely be wrong. Best of luck with your search.
Will do, thanks for the heads up! We also enjoyed downtown especially compared to the "cities" that we are use to. Had a lot of charm and the people are very pleasant for the most part!
GERMAN M34181.00