06-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We visit quite a lot...been vacationing there for over 20 years. Also have a few friends that own houses down there.

If I were moving, Mt. Pleasant is where I would be looking at. It's growing, but not quite at a point where it's uncomfortable. Plus you can always do some Home upgrades later...you will always win out in that financial situation.

Plus from there you have access to Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, and pretty much any part of Charleston within 20-30 minutes depending on where you want to go. So many great places to eat and a very nice "night-time" vibe.

Plus coming from Charleston, you just bear off to the right after coming off the Ravenel Bridge and get to avoid the IOP connector with most of the traffic.

Once you learn the back roads, you pretty much have it whipped. And the tourist season is not really too bad. Typically end of May to first of August with June/July being the worst...and then it's still not too bad.

And even then most of the congestion happens around the drive to and from work as most people vacationing there tend to hit the beach and not move until it's time to go find a place to eat.

Also Mt. Pleasant affords you more pleasant weather since you always have the breeze the closer you get to the oceans. Downtown Charleston is very prone to humid conditions, and tends to have a lot of flooding when heavy summer storms come through. It seems like they never designed any of their parking as most areas are "low spots".

We only live about 3.5 hours from there, and have thought about buying a second home as we go down so much. I personally love the place, and enjoy every minute we get down there!
Much appreciated man! If I end up moving down there we'll have to meet up at some point when you're on vacation, maybe I'll show you how to properly lift some weights! (kidding haha)

I think we are leaning towards the Mount Pleasant area due to the reasoning that you provided above. Seems like a solid spot for food, shops, beach, easy access. We are definitely anxious, just need this offer to be the right amount.
Rmtt8208.00