04-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
If you are in the market for this car, you are most likely not considering performance or price as the deciding factor. Maybe it's the fact that this is perhaps the most passionate and emotional representation of what Japan can do with a car that also possesses class and reliability that those with the cash can appreciate. There will always be something faster out there, and I think Lexus knew that. Its numbers may be average for a supercar, but I have no doubt the owners will be having fun flogging the LF-A on some backroads
Well said. It is more of an M3 ZCP vs Boss 302 Mustang debate we have on this board.

Maclaren MPC is one of those cars that is built with a single-focus in mind. Track performance and everything is completely secondary.

Lexus LFA is a no-compromise supercar where it has every luxury and amenity one can find on a exotic supercar. It is not a single-purpose supercar where fastest lap times mean everything. It even comes with street tires for daily driving rather than more seriously sticky rubber that most other supercars wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Hate to tell you, but as far as I know, the LFA didnt run that time.

Also, think about this. The LFA has all the latest of technology (suspension/transmission/tires/etc) in the past 10 years since the CGT was made, yet it cant match it from all the statistical, qualitative numbers Ive seen.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/p...exus_lf-a.html

As others have said, cars like the CGT, Enzo, LFA arent bought by people who nitpick over .02 seconds, they buy them because they are pinnacles of engineering.

Like I posted before, LFA has lapped the ENTIRE Nurburgring race track in 7:38 with two people onboard. Not just the 0.8 KM shorter Northern loop used in the Sport Auto tests. There is no reasons to doubt it is a solid 7:2xs car.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 04-17-2011 at 05:32 PM..