03-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #13
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeacon View Post
"Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package <-- this option deletes functionality from front passenger seat (massage, shoulder adjustments, etc.)"

Where do you get that info? The rear executive lounge seating package includes the Executive Package which is what adds that to the front.
Why from the Technical Training Manual for their mechanics, of course. I did my homework before ordering

You are correct, in that the Executive Package is added when a customer also selects the Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package (they call it "captain's chair"). However, the Executive Package seating options are only applied to the Driver's seat. Not the Passenger seat.

Page 48 of the Interior Equipment manual lists the limitations of the front passenger seat when the car is equipped with the Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package (captain's chair). I've included that page here. The front passenger seat loses the following:
  • Backrest width adjustment
  • Backrest upper section adjustment
  • Lumbar support
  • Height adjustment of head restraint
  • Massage function

Not such a fun place to be if you know the other three passengers are receiving massage, and are able to adjust their seats to a more comfortable position (beyond the standard up / down / fore / aft / tilt capability). They had to ditch all of the items I bulleted above to make room for the mechanism that folds the footrest downward, and the headrest and backrest forward.
Attached Images

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport

Last edited by TheBry; 03-25-2016 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Corrected a misspelling
Appreciate 0